Builders can create collectibles that players of the microverse can collect and use. Collectibles can also be used to Item gate interactions. For instance, only players with an apple in their inventory can enter a certain portal, or talk to a particular NPC.
Without the use of an element spawn, the collectible can only be collected by 1 player. More about element spawns further on.
- Inventory item This can be picked up from the ground or given to you, or taken by, a NPC.
- Wearable item This is an item players can wear on their character.
- Throwable item To use in games. Players can wear and throw the item.
To create a collectible
- Make the object a component
- Then edit the component by going to
Component menu / Edit component
- In the Edit view, click
Abilities / Collectible
Edit the component to make it a collectible item
After creating the collectible, a panel shows up. Here, builders can edit the behaviour of a collectible.
- Description This is the desciption that shows in the players inventory after collecting the item.
- Max count per player How many pieces of this item a player can carry in their inventory
- Can a player equip it? This let’s players equip the collectible on their character, like a wearable.
- Equip on pickup The player equips the item automatically after pick-up.
- Can a player throw it? This let’s the player throw the item by pressing
- Should it be destroyed on hit? The collectible is destroyed when it hits a designated target. Like another player.
- Pick up automatically This let’s players pick up the item by walking over it without the requirement of picking it up with a button press.
Example of a throwable collectible item
Builders are able to set permission to collectibles, the same way as for any other interaction. For example, only players that have an apple in their inventory can pick up the collectible. Or, only players with a specific NFT trait.
Builders can set the amount of instances of the collected item. This is done in the quantity menu. In this case, a player only recieves 1 crystal when it’s collected. If the player recieves more than 1, the amount will be shown in the players inventory.
Quantity menu of a collectible
Builders can let collectibles spawn in the room by using an ‘Element Spawn’. This works the same as a player spawn but instead of spawning a player, it spawns a collectible. Without the use of an Element spawn, the collectible can only be picked up by 1 player.
To add an element spawn, go to
Build menu / Object menu / Element Spawn.
Add a spawnpoint
After adding the spawn point, a panel will appear.
- Collectible picker Click the checkered box, or the edit icon to pick the collectible you want to spawn.
- Interval The time between each new item spawn. In this case, a new collectible spawns every second.
- QuantityThis is the same setting as the quantity menu for a collectible item, but specific to this spawn point. It overrides the quantity added in the component.
- Spawned instance limitThe max number of collectibles to be spawned. Not to be confused with the quantity of a collectible. If the ‘Quantity’ of an item = 10, and the ‘Spawned instance limit’ = 5, players can collect 5 stacks of 10 collectibles. Spawning stops after the limit of 5 is reached.
- Spawned instance count A log of how many collectibles have already spawned.
Spawn point options
Last modified 6mo ago